Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Encounter #23
Community #8
"New and better realities." Tom Cruise is insane.

DOWNLOAD THIS AND WATCH IT. [via Cam, via WWTDD, who's doubly funny - ONE and TWO]

Say what you will -- yes he's charming, yes he's good looking, yes I'll see his movies -- but motherfucker is insane. And here's the bold, naked proof of his conviction that Scientology is the way to save the world. I don't even understand half of what he says. I mean, I want to save the world, sure. But I'm not gonna wig out and force my ethics on other people. But that's exactly what he says he will do to improve the world: "I won't hesitate to put ethics in on someone else. Cuz I put it ruthlessly in on myself. And I think that, ah, ...I respect that. In others. And, I, uh, I'm here to help -- we're here to help. My opinion is, look, either you're on board, or you're not on board, okay? But if you're on board then you're on board just like the rest of us." Wow, right? This from a guy who's making a movie about Nazis. Yeah, I know, it's about a "good" Nazi. Whatever. He's still making a movie about Nazis and talking about putting ethics, ruthlessly, mind you, in on other people. I didn't know ethics could go into somebody like a dagger or a spear or a spray of shrapnel or a baseball bat to the face.

The next thing he says is only better: "We are the authorities on getting people off drugs, we are the authorities on the mind, the authorities on improving conditions... cimina-, we can rehabilitate criminals. We can bring happiness, we can bring peace. Uhhhh. And unite cultures. Uhhhh. That once you know these tools and you know that they work it's not good enough that I'm just doing okay." If you believe that, why the fuck are you so solemn about it, Tom? Is there any fun in Scientology? You don't even seem to enjoy saying you help people. The Joker's got it right, at least in part: "Why so serious?"

What is he doing here? Laughing? Sure, but what comes next?
"Ah, she said, uh, ha, they said, 'Have you met an SP? HAHAHAH!" What the fuck? What the fuck is an "SP?"

His response? "HA. And I, uh, ha, uh, and I thought, you know, what a beautiful thing because maybe one day it'll be like that. You know what I'm said? Maybe one day it'll be that -- uh-Ha -- wow, SPs, you don't just read about that in the history books, you know? Haha!" Now I'm serious: seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?


It only gets worse. Or more hilarious. Or more terrifying. Or more hilarious. Seriously: What the fuck? I'm scared over here.

1 comment:

  1. If you like the Joker so much, why'd you take this thing so seriously? Did you? Or was that feigned indignation? Were you faking, Ryland? I know you don't like fakers... If you don't like fakers why don't you like Tom Cruise being honest about himself? Cmon dude.....

    ReplyDelete