Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Songs #16: No difference

no difference
These 91 seconds are probably my favorite moment on cLOUDDEAD. This fugue of sorts, written and performed and recorded by Dose One, without partner Why?, end the six minute dirge that is the sixth track, "I promise to never get paint on my glasses again (pt.2)", which is really just the b-side of the third cLOUDDEAD 10-inch. See: the self-titled album is just a collection of six 10" records. But, magically, there's a cohesion. It remains a favorite despite my withering interest in most other anticon. releases (although that Alias remix of "Nude" is kinda dope). I thought about putting up the text of these lyrics-in-the-round but I like the idea that anything, like a song, can be a poem. Especially since this is a "song" very much about its lyrics, about language, in addition to being about a mood and a tone, to say an affect. It's hard not to think about that cover when you hear the final line. --RWK [Cross posted on VINYL]

cLOUDDEAD - I promise to never get paint on my glasses again (pt.2) - EXCERPT (zshare)

[Pic: A scan of the unfolded cLOUDDEAD album cover, a Gerhard Richter.]

No comments:

Post a Comment