Monday, March 10, 2008

Encounter #66: L.E.S. Artistes


While I'm more a fan of the XXXChange remix (Big Stereo) than the original song, this video is something else. Something scary and gorgeous and fun and inventive -- but simple. Simple enough that, with the right camera and some smarts, it looks like something I could wrangle together. Not that I have that kind of smarts, or the right camera, or know enough people willing to get splattered with paint. Nima Nourizadeh does, though, and that's a good thing. Besides, I'm happy being me. I once was an LES artist, too, making zines, and that was tons of fun, even if the Kinkos costs were expensive. But now I've got the internet, which is free, and just as cool, only different. Still, I want to throw a bucket of paint on some people some day. --RWK

No comments:

Post a Comment